First Impressions of Assignments


I am looking forward to being exposed to more Indian stories through the readings this semester. I took a mythology class at Oklahoma City Community College my freshman year, and in the section on India and the Far East we read The Ramayana which I enjoyed. I thought the concept of dharma was interesting because of how different this moral code was from classic western moral codes like chivalry for knights and how important it was to Hindu society. 

Image: Episodes in the Panchavati Forest, Folio from a Ramayana (Adventures of Rama)
Source: WikiMedia

I like the way this class is structured which is quite different from other online classes I’ve taken. Other classes I’ve taken online tried to force the same experiences that occur in a classroom to happen online through online discussions that no one full-heartedly participated in. This class seems to be structured to take advantage of the unique possibilities only available to an online course like creating a blog and tech tips, and I’m excited to see how that will enhance our exploration of Indian Epics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hi I'm Ryan and this is my Introduction

Week 10 Story: The Hickory Lane Terror